The Basic Perioperative TEE program is a collaboration of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (SCA) for anesthesiologists, emergency medicine, critical care physicians, researchers and other health-care professionals with an interest in anesthesiology. The Basic TEE program is offered to society members at this special price. 100 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™ are available upon completion of all 100 cases.
The Basic Perioperative TEE program focuses on the basic hemodynamic state, ventricular function and valve pathology, which has been categorized into those that are likely to cause hemodynamic compromise or those that may not. By the end of this program, the student will be exposed to a wide variety of cardiac pathology.
This is an online program. Upon payment, the student will receive a “Getting Started” email with instructions on how to receive the program materials upon receipt of payment.
Program materials can be downloaded to iPad, Android or Windows tablets or can be accessed online using a browser. Downloading the app gives the student the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Once the program materials have been downloaded, the student will have access to all of the interactive media content even when offline.
- Introduction to Basic TEE
- TEE Examination
- Anatomy of the Heart and Coronary Arteries
- Anatomy of the Heart Valves
- Basic Haemodynamic State Assessment
- iHeartScan Views, Valves and Pericardium
- Artefact Generation
After completing this activity, the student will be able to:
- Explain the concept and limitations of Basic TEE
- Visualize the anatomy relevant to Basic TEE
- Use the standard TEE views
- Apply the echocardiography patterns required to interpret ventricular and valvular pathology at a basic level
- Describe artifact generation and recognize common artifacts
Anesthesiologists, emergency medicine, and critical care physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Activity Release Date: 3/11/2013
Activity Expiration Date: 3/13/2017
The information provided with this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s condition.
- This course is discounted for ASA or SCA members.
- Non-members of the ASA or SCA can purchase this course at the non-member rate.
- Further discounts are offered to Trainees and Residents.
Please use the link above to contact us about group purchase discounts.