Lung ultrasound can identify very early lung pathology and may allow for early detection of respiratory complications in COVID-19 patients. These patients may benefit from early interventions or novel therapies. We describe how to perform and interpret lung ultrasound. We illustrate how to insert an entire ultrasound machine into a sterile plastic sheath for barrier protection which will avoid the need for high level decontamination between uses.
All medical, nursing and paramedical staff involved in assessing the lungs as part of clinical care.
- Tutorial 1: Study Guide
- Tutorial 2: Lung Ultrasound for COVID-19 Patients
- Tutorial 3: Focused Cardiac Ultrasound for COVID-19 Patients
- Tutorial 4: In Greater Depth – Focused Lung Ultrasound
- Tutorial 5: Where to Next?
List of particular knowledge or skills obtained through course:
- Learn how to use an ultrasound machine completely encased in a plastic sheath
- Learn how to perform lung ultrasound
- Learn specific lung ultrasound findings in COVID-19
The estimate duration to complete this course is 10 hours. Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location.