|Standard Price||$250 USD – Buy now||Group Discount||Click here to get group discount|
Surgeons, Physicians, Registrars, Resident Medical Officers and Medical Students who wish to learn to perform lung ultrasound and identify patterns of lung pathology.
The Focused Ultrasound Simulator Education (FUSE) Lung & Gastric Ultrasound Course will teach participants to perform lung ultrasound and identify patterns of lung pathology, including normal, pneumothorax, pleural effusion, pulmonary oedema, minor and major consolidation. It includes practical training of how to perform safe ultrasound-guided drainage of pleural effusion using an ultrasound machine, mannequin-simulator using commonly used seldinger-technique equipment.
- Understand the clinical uses of lung ultrasound
- Understand lung and diaphragm anatomy and its relation to chest wall
- Perform a standardised lung ultrasound examination in the erect and supine patient
- Understand the ultrasound appearance of lung pathology and its limitations
The Lung simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies.
- Three-hour workshop. Managed in your institution to learn how to acquire images and how to use the simulator.
- Post workshop Case Studies and Exam. 10 online cases to perform using the simulator. The participant in their own time will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity cases performed on patients.
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.