|Standard Price||$200 USD – Buy now||Group Discount||Click here to get group discount|
Designed forAnaesthetists, Intensive Care, and Emergency Department Physicians and Surgeons who wish to learn how to use Point-of-Care transthoracic ultrasound guidance techniques.Description This course is the eLearning component that guides the participant through the TTE simulator learning course. The course has been designed to use the CAE Vimedix Ultrasound Simulators to reinforce clinical simulator case studies. The participant will learn practical skills in focused transthoracic echocardiography (TTE), also known as focused cardiac ultrasound (FCU) and additional learning that outlines both normal and pathology cases relevant to anesthesia, critical care, emergency medicine, surgery and internal medicine.Objectives
- Acquire the TTE views
- Understand haemodynamic State Assessment
- Perform limited valve assessment using 2D and colour flow Doppler
- Putting it all together – doing a iHeartScanTM
- Writing a iHeartScanTM report
- Practical experience in performing and reporting an iHeartScanTM on simulated and real patients
The TTE simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies. This provides the knowledge base to perform and interpret basic TTE.
- Three-hour workshop. Managed in your institution to learn how to acquire images and how to use the simulator.
- Post workshop Case Studies and Exam. 10 online cases to perform using the simulator. The participant in their own time will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity cases performed on patients.
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location.